Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pizza Hut Buffet


I'm not a big fan of Pizza Hut (I usually have Dominos, Papa Johns, or some from a local place that give big pizzas).  Every now and then, for a change of pace, you try something different.

Back when I was unemployed for a while, I went to lunch with my father, and decided to hit Pizza Hut for the buffet.  It was about forty-five minutes until the buffet ended, so we had the time.

As we ate, around twenty minutes later, a woman asked us if we wanted any cinnamon breadsticks -- as many as we wanted.  We turned the offer down, since my father and I don't eat many sweets.  We came to the conclusion that they were trying to get rid of it, since they couldn't legally still sell it after the buffet had ended.

We went up to pay the bill, and my father asked "What are you going to do with the leftover pizza?"  The gentleman at the counter said, "Throw it away."  My father offered to take some, and the gentleman handed him a couple of those personal-sized boxes, and we took what we wanted.

Apparently, this isn't uncommon, and the story has been confirmed by a friend of mine who used to work as a delivery driver at Pizza Hut.  However, the policy depends on the manager.  So if you go in about a half hour before the buffet ends, you may be able to take some pizza home with you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment