Sunday, September 26, 2010

Harvey


One of my favorite movies.  Starring the late Jimmy Stewart (you may know him from the annual "It's a Wonderful Life" movie during Christmas), it's a comedic and touching movie about preconceptions.  Based on the play of the same name.

Elwood P. Dowd has a friend, and from the above picture, you can probably see, it's a rabbit.  The movie centers around his sister trying to commit him to a mental hospital -- and mistakes and hilarity ensue.

I ran across this movie during a sleepover during high school with a bunch of friends with the drama club.  The next day, just about everyone had gone (minus me, another friends and the girl's house we were all staying at).  So, her family had rented the movie from the base video store, and we (the three of us) watched it, and I absolutely adored the movie.  I hunted it down on VHS (this was before DVD, mind you) and finally got a copy of it back then.  This movie also represents one of the very few times I my life that I have walked into a video store, saw it on the shelf in DVD format, and picked it up immediately.  If you've ever seen the movie (or plan to) I had memorized the monologue that Elwood does in the alley of the bar.

You can pick it up rather cheaply at various stores, or even check Amazon (which reminds me, I should start an affiliate account).  I also need to pick up the stage play script...

No comments:

Post a Comment