Thursday, August 15, 2013

[Game Review + Video] Fluxx

A review for Fluxx is available at FLUXX – The Rules May Change – But The Fun Never Stops! on

Have a look!

A (Not So) Healthy Dose of Chaos, Book 2: Settling In

I finished the first draft of book two in the Chaos series, titled Settling In, on Sunday, and am currently working on the second draft.

I'm thinking it will take about six drafts, just like the first book.  The first draft runs approximately 160 pages, and if I want it to reach the 275 page mark of the first book, I've got a number of things to flesh out and embellish.

Some things coming up in book two...
  • You find out what's going on with Matilda
  • Ken runs into another manipulator from an organization
  • Ken's sister shows up, and it's not pretty
  • The "First Enemies" arc is closed up in this book
  • Christmas and Santa Claus!
  • Ominous clouds on the horizon
  • ...and, of course, two more recipes!
I hope you'll be looking forward to it!

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Feather/Phantasms (v2013.07.01)

"My dear Anne.

I am going to to the home we discussed some time ago, up in the mountains.

The locals there consider it a haunted house. Years ago, the household went through several tragedies.

One day, everyone ended up dead.

It was rumored that the head of the household went insane, then killed all remaining members of the house, along with himself.

I feel drawn to the residence to find out what really happened. Something tells me we don't have the whole story.

I hope to have a tale of a grand adventure for you the next time we meet.

Until then, may angels watch over you.

Your Uncle."

So goes the last letter that Anne received from her uncle, a noted supernatural investigator. Twenty-year old Anne followed in his footsteps, also becoming an investigator.

It has been three weeks since she last heard from him, with no other leads to where he might be. Taking up her collection of angel feathers, she makes her way to the house that she fears her uncle is trapped in, hoping for the best . . . but preparing for the worst.


Feather/Phantasms is a mystery-horror game, with RPG-elements. Anne will fight enemies, and in standard RPG fare, her abilities will grow as she progresses through the story, finding out where her uncle is, and what really happened in the manor in the mountains.

Unique to this game is Anne's use of feathers to combat enemies, as physical attacks will do very little to the supernatural creatures she will encounter.

This game was made for the somewhat casual player: it is not very long or complicated, and can be completed in an afternoon. During her investigation, Anne will find journals that give bits and pieces of what happened in the manor, and the final fate of the household.

Additional features include a second playthrough (Extra Game), which includes additional enemies, an additional boss, costumes, and achievements.

Creator Comments

Made almost entirely in RTP for the sake of size, the game is 99% complete: that last remaining 1% is this test release. It needs playthroughs by testers to point out any glaring errors or bugs. I hope you will be kind with any comments.

I hope you enjoy playing through it!

Screen Shots

You must have RPT VX (not RPT VX Ace) installed on your system in order to play the game.  If you do not have it (or are not sure), please download it from the following link (from the official RPG Maker website)

Feathers/Phantasms Download

Prerelease Raichu: The Truth, The Whole Truth, And Nothing But The Truth!

Wow.  I'm quoted/referenced on Youtube.

I barely remember any of this event happening. It certainly is nostalgic, though . . .