Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hudson Hawk


I have a very eclectic sense of humor.  So it's no wonder that Hudson Hawk is one of my favorite movies.  It came out a long while ago, and as you can see, since Bruce Willis has a much younger look to him.

Eddie Hawk was a famous catburglar, and finally got caught.  The movie opens with him getting out of prison -- then being blackmailed to go back into the business stealing some items related to a "gold machine" created by Leonardo Da Vinci (referenced in the prologue to the movie).  Highjinks, slapstick, and and one-liners ensue.  Eddie and his partner don't use a watch for crimes.  Instead, they sing songs to keep the time, and his partner often tests him on songs and their lengths.

Sadly, the movie bombed in theaters.  I really would have liked to have seen a sequel, or heck, even a TV show based on it based on the earlier years of our dynamic duo, but with bad ratings, it will never happen.

This is at least the second Bruce Willis movie that makes note of "Reindeer Goat Cheese Pizza" (the other being The Last Boy Scout).  I didn't realize it until I bought the special edition DVD earlier this year that Sylvester Stallone's brother is in the movie (one of the Mario Brothers).

It takes a specific sense of humor to "get" the humor, and I thankfully (?) have it enough.  I can quote from the movie, much to the chargrin of one of my friends who saw it for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment