Monday, November 9, 2015

A (Not So) Healthy Dose of Chaos: Memory Lane -- Progress Report #2


The first draft of book three is about 90% complete. I need to finish up one chapter, do the regular planetary description, translate two recipes, and the first draft should be complete. Oh, and commission the cover.

During my writing adventures, I've found that the story is starting to take on a life of its own. Characters that I had never even thought of would show themselves, and insert themselves into the tale. Perhaps it's my own subconscious saying, "Hey! This book is too short!" and indelibly put pen to paper with said characters in it. Yes, I still do it the old fashioned way first (by pen/pencil in a notebook), then put it down electronically.

I hope to have the whole book done and ready by Christmas. I'd like the book will be out by Thanksgiving, but that would be a massive miracle. Also, I will have to do a revised version of the first two books. Just a few grammatical and formatting tweeks; nothing that changes the story.

Thanks to my readers who have been patiently waiting for the third book. I hope it won't disappoint.

1 comment:

  1. I've really liked this series and can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete