Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Metroid


I remember buying this way back when, when I lived in Ft. Mead, Maryland.  I wasn't as sophisticated back then, and didn't really know how to clear the game.  Eventually I did, with a lot of guesswork.  My dad also enjoyed playing it every now and then.

The reason I bring Metroid up is that some things, even innocuous things, can give one the willies decades later.  I've only actually played through the last stage a handful of times.  The reason being is...

...the music of the last stage FREAKS ME OUT.

I don't know why, but it just does.  Maybe not at first, but when those near-invincible Metroids start popping out, it was panic city.  Add the music in the background, and it was an absolute nightmare.  Eventually, I conquered my uneasiness and handed Mother Brain its...um...brain to it, and finished the game.

But even to this day, the music still gives me the chills...

No comments:

Post a Comment